Sunday, July 15, 2012

QR codes

I recently came across the use of QR codes in the classroom!  These little codes are everywhere.  I think it will be a great addition to my math class.  I am always looking for new things to do with my students.

There are many sites available to create the codes.  QRvoice allows for an automated description to be given once the code is scanned.  The code generator with Kaywa allows for the scanner to be taken to a particular location (website, etc).

Here are some ways I was thinking I could implement them:

  • students will add a code to a project that provides more detail about a topic
  • students will write word problems, and they will create a code with the answers.  they will share their problems, and the students will check to see if they are correct.
  • answers provided for an assignment
  • posted on different documents hanging by my door, and the code will provide a link to more information

I am anxious to see how well the students respond to the codes.  I think they will like it.


Scan the code for a little goody!

Happy scanning!


No comments:

Post a Comment