Thursday, July 19, 2012

Welcome...again!

My name is Candy Keller and I teach 6th grade math. I'm joining Jamie on the blog and contributing lower grade ideas. We are a collaborative math department and I'm excited to branch out to collaborate with other teachers in other districts. We are in Houston, Texas this week at CAMT (Conference for the Advancement of Mathematical Teaching). We are presenting a session this afternoon on projects. Projects are such a great way to engage students and extend learning to the real world. I'm always looking for great projects for my students. I'm trying to attend as many sessions on iPads and technology as I can. Hopefully I can blog about some new and exciting activities or apps for the classroom. I attended a session yesterday on Edmodo. I have many plans and ideas to use Edmodo this year in the math classroom. I will blog more on Edmodo as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment