Sunday, April 28, 2013

Teacher Appreciation

Testing is OVER!!!  Well, we have two weeks until some of our 8th graders test again, but for the most part, we are done!!!

I must say that I am very proud of our 8th grade math students.  88% passed the STAAR math on the first try.  We will see in a few weeks how the other grades did.

I always try and do a little something for my math teachers for the test day.  I came up with this.


I got a little bottle of hand sanitizer from Bath and Body Works.  I picked out the Apple Blossoms scent.
I used my cricut and cut out an apple.
On the front of the apple I wrote, "SANITYzer".  We all know we need a little bit of sanity, especially during testing time!
I glued the apple to the bottle.
It brought a smile to the teachers, so I was happy!
At the time, Bath and Body Works was having a sale, so each bottle was $1.00.  I already had the paper and the cricut, so the other cost was just a little bit of time.
I made enough for all my math teachers, plus a few extra.

I will be giving one to my son's Kindergarten teacher.  These would make great gifts during Teacher Appreciation Week.  By the way, Teacher Appreciation Week is the week of May 6 - May 10.  As a teacher, I can safely say we love getting little gifts.  Gifts don't need to cost a lot of money, so any thoughtful token is always appreciated!

Happy SANITYzing!

No comments:

Post a Comment