Sunday, July 14, 2013

New 8th Grade Math TEKS

Effective for the 2014-2015 school year, the math TEKS will be different.  Many teachers are already preparing for the changes.  As I started looking at the changes, I noticed that I have already built many of these TEKS in my class.

I do believe the personal finance TEKS are a great addition.  I already incorporate personal finance to an extent in my classroom, but now I will be looking for activities that include all the new personal finance TEKS.

I am not sure how these will be tested.  Currently, we have readiness and supporting standards.  I have not seen any information pertaining to readiness and supporting for the new TEKS.

I have created a new checklist for the new TEKS.  Unlike my old checklist, the new one does not break the TEKS down by readiness or supporting.  If TEA decides to keep this format, I can easily go back and add that information.

The new checklist DOES include a list of the current TEKS and how they are changing.  I have included the new TEKS and if any old is being completed deleted.  Some TEKS moved to other grades, so the appropriate grade level TEK is also included.



comparison of old TEKS to new TEKS

A place for date taught and mastery percent for each TEK


 I am currently working on the new checklists for 6th and 7th grade.  I will post those as soon as they are complete.  Then I will get the other grades done.

The new checklist can be found at my store.  It is never too early to begin planning.

I have also included a bundle which includes a checklist for the current TEKS and the checklist for the new TEKS.  The bundle can be found at my store.

I hope you don't let the new TEKS overwhelm you.  Once you become familiar with the new TEKS, they aren't so scary.  :)  One test does not determine if the students learn.  How well you teach will determine if the students learn.

Happy new TEKING!

1 comment:

  1. Great resource! I've added a link to your website at my blog! I would love if you would visit and share! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete