Saturday, August 10, 2013

Decorating my classroom

At the end of last year, I finally started throwing a BUNCH of stuff away.  Being in the same classroom for eight years, makes it easy to just push stuff under the table and forget about it.  I am busy from the time I get to school until the time I leave.  Cleaning my room just goes by the wayside.  Now, don't get me wrong.  My kid's area is always picked up and cleaned.  My desk.......that is another story.  I tell the kids that I know where everything is, so they should never doubt that I am organized.  :)  I know I should do a better job of keeping EVERYTHING tidy, but I would rather spend my time teaching my kids as opposed to making sure I have a perfect classroom.  With a family at home, I don't want to stay at school until midnight every day, so I opt to just make sure I have organized stacks on my desk and everything else is pushed under the table.

At the end of the year, I ended up with three large trash bags full of junk.  I had to go up to the school a few weeks ago for a few meetings, so I spent the time between meetings in my room.  WOW!  I have always said I needed to spend a day in my room just cleaning.  It is amazing how much I have thrown away.  I have three trash bags, a few boxes and some broken shelves in the hallway.  I know our cleaning crew is not happy with me.  I will bake them some brownies when I come back to school.

I got the table out of my room, so that MADE me go through everything under it.  I found an old bookcase in an abandoned classroom, so now I have shelves!!!  WOOHOO!!!!  I am not finished with my room, but man it sure looks better and bigger without that huge table in the back.

I love making things, so I just made a wreath for my door. We are the Gladewater Cubs and our colors are orange and black. I love how it turned out.


The letters have a white glitter on them.  I am sure little fingers will never touch my letters, so they will always have the glitter on them.  :)

I will add other pics of my classroom once I have it all ready to go!

Happy decorating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment