Monday, May 6, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Day 1

It is the first day of teacher appreciation week!  This is the first year that I have a child in school, so I had a blast making teacher appreciation gifts yesterday.  My son will take a gift each day of the week.  Of course, we couldn't forget about the librarian, computer teacher, coach, music teacher or nurse.

For the first gift, we made a pencil holder from a used can.


Last week, I created a form using Google docs.  I emailed the form link to all of my son's teachers.  I asked for these things:

  • favorite Sonic drink
  • favorite color
  • favorite snack food
  • favorite type of candy
  • do they prefer cookies or brownies


We painted the cans, using each teacher's favorite color.
Using my cricut, I put each teacher's name on the can with vinyl letters.
I found some cute Dr. Seuss ribbon and glued it on the can.
In the can, we included:

  • pencils
  • pens
  • markers
  • favorite candy



My son said the teachers really liked the gift!  I know how hectic this time of year can be, so if we were able to bring a smile, then we did our job!

Here is your chance for a free gift.  Comment to this post with your favorite teacher appreciation gift you have ever received or given.  The deadline is midnight Friday, May 10.  One lucky person will win any item from my teachers pay teachers store!

Happy Appreciating day 1!


No comments:

Post a Comment