Friday, May 10, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Day 5

Today was the final day of Teacher Appreciation Week!  Of course, that does not mean we don't appreciate our teachers the rest of the year!

For Jaxxon's main teacher, I put together a little box of goodies!  It contains a little bit of everything.  I got the original idea from the Seasons of Joy blog.
 I got a craft box from Hobby Lobby.  I used a 40% off coupon.  It comes with dividers, so you can make the sections as big or small as you like.
I covered the top of the box with school-themed scrapbook paper.  I mod-podged it on, so the top layer would be protected.  Of course I used a tulle bow and attached some pencils to the top.  Using my cricut, I created a custom name tag which can also be reused.


The box was filled with teacher goodies:

  • sticky notes
  • paper clips
  • push pins
  • magnets
  • binder clips
  • clothes pins....not for clothes of course  :)


It was also filled with some sweet treats:

  • peppermints
  • lifesavers
  • hershey kisses
  • now and laters


On the front cover, I attached the candy poem I created.  On day 1, I included these candies and poems for all of Jaxxon's other teachers.


Thank You!

Thank you for all the LOVE you have shown the kids this year.
You are a LIFESAVER to all the children you hold dear.
NOW & LATER the kid’s love for you will continue to reach.
You were MINT to be a teacher, and you were meant to teach!



For all the teachers, I had planned on getting everyone his/her favorite Sonic drink.  This question was of course on the questionnaire I had the teachers fill out.  Jaxxon has had so much enjoyment from passing the gifts out, I wanted him to have something to hand out (since I would be the one bringing the drinks).  I whipped up some chocolate covered popcorn!  YUMMY!  I love this, and it is so quick and easy to make.  I put some popcorn in plastic baggies.  I created a popcorn sign on the computer:

I wanted to POP in
and say Thank you
for all you do!
Love, Jaxxon
This allowed Jaxxon with a gift he could still deliver.  Not only has this been great for teacher appreciation week, it is showing him that it is great to give a gift and not get a gift back in return.


I created some labels on the computer to put on the straw of the Sonic drinks.  This allowed me to deliver with ease.  I ran to Sonic on my conference at 9:00 this morning.  Of course, I had to go ahead and get me and two teachers from my school a drink, as well!

I loved being able to pass out these drinks and just say, "thank you" in person.  I also got a GREAT hug from my sweet little man!!

This week has been fantastic, and I have loved creating these gifts for the teachers.  They have made this first year for Jaxxon so special, and I know this is the strong foundation he needs for a successful academic career!

Happy Appreciating!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog. Also this summer, cool off with the delicious special drinks available at Sonic! Enjoy a variety of refreshing beverages to satisfy your thirst. Check out the Sonic Drink Menu to know all the flavours.

    ReplyDelete