Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Day 2

On day 2 of Teacher Appreciation week, we sent some candy goodies to Jaxxon's teachers.

I pinned a great idea from this Season's of Joy site.  I adapted the poem just a little.



For his main teacher, I applied vinyl letters to a glass jar from Hobby Lobby (I caught that 50% off).  We filled it with M&M's.  Top that off with a tulle bow, and one great gift is born.  We attached the M&M poem.
Here is the poem:

My Magnificent and Marvelous Teacher

Green is for the inspiration you give me each day.

Blue is for your patience in showing me the way.

Orange is for your warmth and caring style.

Yellow is for the way you always make me smile.

Red is for my life that you have touched this year.
You're a very special teacher just like this box, that's clear.

You place knowledge in our children's hands
and melt into their hearts and lives forever.
You're a "Magnificent" & "Marvelous" teacher.
Thank you for helping the kids on their learning endeavor!

I had Jaxxon color in the boxes.





For his other teachers (we adapted just a little with the poem for our nurse), we put these items in a baggie:

  • two bags of M&M's
  • peppermints
  • now and laters
  • lifesavers
  • hershey kisses



I created this poem and we attached it to the back of the M & M poem:

Thank You!

Thank you for all the LOVE you have shown the kids this year.
You are a LIFESAVER to all the children you hold dear.
NOW & LATER the kid’s love for you will continue to reach.
You were MINT to be a teacher, and you were meant to teach!



His regular teacher will get the other items in her big gift on Friday.

I made some for my math teachers at school.  Hopefully, it brought a smile to the faces of all the teachers!

Happy Appreciating day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment